Saturday, 3 September 2016

The Awakening...



(My original title for this ode was 'F**k Them All'...general consensus suggests that I should have stuck with that....and I concur!) 


I have wasted

Too many years

And I have shed

Far too many tears

Tolerating those

Who don't deserve

The enduring compassion

Of my mental reserves

And so no more

Will I withstand

The self-centered slap

Of their hypocritical hand

I'll live my life

For me and mine

No more encumbered

By their wasting my time



Poem only ©  Copyright Lynn Gerrard

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha! It seems you're not on your own with that one, Markus...I just might change it :)

      Delete
  2. They hang upon a perfect final gerund. Let them swing! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of us have an overwhelming need for the approval of others. So sad. But you're not that way, thank god! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one Lynn and yes, I also prefer the original title. Our societies oscillate in waves of indifference to common decency and none more so apparent as in this digital era of virtuality. Insincerity abounds with "Wow's, awesome, fantastic and LOL's" One must ask the question How in a world abundant in superlatives, that there is so much discontent loneliness and sad tears?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my kind Ropey pal! Yes, 'tis a world full of miseries & duplicities hence my attempting to exfoliate my senses of such shallow folk!

      Delete