Wednesday, 29 June 2016

No Return...



I have dried the tears of others

Even when they've caused my own

I have loyally kept them company

Whilst they've let me walk alone

I have listened to their heartaches

When they've had no ear for mine

I have moved my world to suit them

Yet been denied their time

I have taken on their worries

Despite mine weighing me down

I have handed them a lifeline

As they've stood by and watched me drown

I have respected their opinions

They've held mine with disregard

Why do I strive to make their lives easier

Whilst they delight in making mine hard?



Poem only  © Copyright Lynn Gerrard

8 comments:

  1. I'm the opposite, sorry to say. Don't give much of a damn about most folk, and don't care what they think of me! There are a few exceptions 😊💋 Beautifully written, gargle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly no need to apologise, Hap! Your way of dealing with people like this is by far the more fitting and one I intend to invest in. Thanks my pal for continuing to read my stuff...((hugs)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Caz....your support and your kindness, does not go unnoticed x

      Delete
  4. Thank you. I'm a Scorpio... Honest and say it as it is. What you see is what you get. Occasionally too blunt, I know. But, that's a Scorpio girl/gran for you. Caz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's a good thing, Caz...I like you all the better for it xx

      Delete
  5. Have a great week, my friend X Caz

    ReplyDelete