Wednesday, 11 February 2015

The Naked Gargoyle...


Many of those who know me, through the curious catacombs of social media, will know me best as The Grumbling Gargoyle, writer, poet and lover of all things weird and wonderful. 





Well, this Gargoyle has her own thing of wonder to share with you, and in order to do so she must strip herself of her stony garb and, as Lynn Gerrard, stand bare before you, to reveal all!...(no need for sick bags, I was speaking metaphorically)...let me explain.






In a bid to contain my excitement, I, that being the person beneath the granite, Lynn, am attempting to tell you this thing in a low key manner, whilst inwardly throwing a salvo of air punches to the sky!
Indeed, I am sat with a leisurely pose, breezily prodding at my keyboard, with the casual poke of a nonchalant typing finger.




Wallace Publishing
Oh who am I trying to kid?....

.....enough of that feigned composure!!...let's release the rapture!!....

I HAVE JUST SIGNED A FOUR BOOK CONTRACT FOR MY POETRY!!!....*does a little dance*...Yes!! I know!! Fantastic eh?....*does another little dance*


Fabulous Wallace Publishing, after viewing my work, decided to sign me up and I am most ecstatic, to say the least! It will be a few months before the first book will be available for purchase, as there's a lot that needs organising prior to its release, but I seriously cannot wait!



I'm equally pleased because those loyal and much appreciated followers of my work, will finally be able get their hands on the book they have requested from me, for such a long time!





Of course, at some point, in the not too distant future, the first book will be available for pre-order and I'll make that announcement when the time comes so you are assured of being one of the first to get your copy either in paper back form or as an e-book. 



For obvious reasons I haven't a title to share yet, or a cover to reveal, that will happen soon HOWEVER what I do have, is the promise of a fun packed launch party, to be held in my much loved home town of St Helens!

The venue itself has still to be arranged but wherever it is, there will be plenty of entertainment and lots for you to enjoy including performances by local artists and a smidgen of performance poetry chucked in, by yours truly!




Oh and don't worry, for those who live too further afield to attend in person, you won't miss out on the evening because you'll be able to join in with the frivolity online, via Live Streaming...(all will be explained closer to the time).

So, there we go! Exciting times indeed!




Now, whilst I am really looking forward to a future with Wallace Publishing, and delighted that they are keen to publish my poetry, I haven't forgotten everybody else!

Image result for twitter
I am most conscious that without the support and encouragement of my family, friends and of all those generous people who have, via Twitter, Facebook and through following my blog, shared my work with many other people, who might not have seen it otherwise, I may not have been in the position I am now...




So I will take this opportunity to say...

 "thank you everyone, I am genuinely grateful to you and you've done a great job"

But no sitting back yet!...we've books to sell! 







50 comments:

  1. Now, that, lovely G.G. with the heart, is just wonderful! Congratulations! �� Well done! *hugs Derek*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Christina, and even more thanks for all the support you give me...oh and btw...Derek says (((hugs))) back and he mentioned he;d forgotten what a strong girl you are, as he coughed and through a fractured rib*...;) luvs 'n hugs xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you, and huge thanks for all the RT's you constantly give me....:) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't concentrate after "stand before you naked" . No, seriously Lynn, this is utterly FANTASTIC news! Well done! I'm not surprised, though, having listened to your poetry on Soundcloud - so sharp and witty and brilliantly observed. I love it. Don' forget us little folk when you're a superstar! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh P...you are such a tonic and you don't half make this Grumbling Gargoyle chuckle!!
    Thank you Peter, for all the kindness you thrust upon me...hell, you have me roaring with laughter, and I have always been in awe of your talent...you're good pal!...:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep thrusting as long as there's a thrust left in this knackered old P. Thanks, Lynn and Good luck with your fabulous publishing and performing career! XX

      Delete
  5. This is wonderful news. Congratulations.
    So good to see the beautiful face behind the granite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynelle....but I'm far more comfortable hiding behind my stony form....lol...:) xx

      Delete
  6. Many congratulations...and well deserved! Looking forward to getting my hands on a copy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, thank you! Your support has been relentless and I am most grateful :) xx

      Delete
  7. That's marvellous, congratulations - I love your stuff and will certainly purchase when out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry!...(((hugs))) and I hope you know how much I appreciate all the support you give me...:) xxx

      Delete
  8. How excellent, Lynn! I'm profoundly proud and excited for you - congratulations! Now, I want an autographed copy, so when you get your copies in, let me know, I'll buy it from you. I want to say "Look, I knew her when!" (and I'm doing the happy dance with you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! wow You're such a good dancer too!!...Thank you for your lovely words, and all the support you give me....((hugs)) xx

      Delete
  9. I'm so happy for you. I would like to extend my blog page to you. It's not big, but my blog is yours for cover reveals and anything else...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Joy, thank you so much!! That's excellent!!...xxx

      Delete
  10. Just dropping by to say as your agent and chief mate, I will be expecting my 10% cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! yeah...you 10% just happens to be a Jack Russell ...:D xxx

      Delete
  11. How wonderful! I cannot wait to get my hands on your first book. Do you know yet whether there will also be illustrations? I've found that the images you've chosen have truly enhanced my enjoyment of the poetry...set the stage, so to speak!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure about the illustrations yet, Carrie, it is a possibility, however. I enjoy finding a picture and writing a poem around it....and I agree with you, some images do indeed enhance the poetry....:) xx

      Delete
  12. Fantastic news! Good luck Lynn, can't wait to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so very proud of you, Lynn. Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hap!!! thank you!!..Ohhh it's so good to see you!!! I hope you're well, I've missed you, as has others...You have always been such a great support and I thank you for that....:) xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you sweetie. I'm still here, if just barely! :) I'll try to get back into the swing of things, but no promises. Love ya!

      Delete
    3. You do what's best for you Hap...but your fan club will be here waiting for you!...:) Love ya too!...:) xx

      Delete
  14. If Carol's getting a Jack Russell..can I have the duck? :O)

    Fabulous news Lynn..well done! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I'll see what I can do!...;) Thanks Kimmie...you're incredibly supportive and I'm always grateful...:) xx

      Delete
    2. Ducks are fine, they are what I call cream quackers.

      Delete
  15. Fablliant Lynne! Will plug your mug your poems dug and all things best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you my wonderful fellow poet and all round good egg!...(((hugs)) xx

      Delete
  16. Onwards and outwards expanding your shoutwards (((hugs)))x likewise Oh wise one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry for getting your name wrong Lynn, I was in Hypo Typo mode fingers fumbling from too many 'E's'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! don't you worry about it...My fingers are similarly prone!...:) xx

      Delete
  18. Congratulations, fab news ��

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great news. Very well done and so well deserved!
    Kisses hugs champagne and so forth..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks DJ!...C'mon...let's share the champagne....:D....((hugs)) x

      Delete
  20. Wonderful news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats!! I'm so pleased for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful news, Lynn! Sorry I'm late to the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!!..And worry not....their are more parties to come....:)

      Delete